How many times have you put in the same long hours week after week, month after month, year after year? With no extra time off to relax, recuperate and recharge your batteries, you may be heading towards burnout. What makes it worse? You’re not even aware that you’re on the path to burnout until it’s too late! To help avoid it before it happens, read these suggestions on how to not get tired and how to avoid burnout.
1. Defining Burnout
Burnout is when you feel like you're doing too much, but don't know what else to do. It's often accompanied by feelings of exhaustion, frustration, and powerlessness. The good news is that burnout is not an inevitable part of the job. What's more, it's something that can be prevented with a little foresight and effort on your part.
2. The Signs of Burnout – What Burnout Feels Like
Burnout is often associated with high-stress jobs and over-training, but it can affect anyone. How do you know if you're experiencing burnout? Signs of burnout include feeling tired, unending exhaustion, and not being able to motivate yourself. Literally overworking your body and training too much.
If any of these apply to you, talk to someone about your feelings or take time off from work and the gym. Remember that taking time for yourself is important in order to avoid burn out.
3. How Can I Reduce My Stress Level?
It’s important not to take on more than you can handle, so if you find yourself getting stressed out or burnt out, it may be time for a break. One way to reduce your stress level is by practicing self-care. Whether you do something as simple as taking a walk or having dinner with friends, there are many ways to practice self-care.
Check out these products by ReviveMD which help with calming down, stress and overall relaxation!
(REVIVE PRODUCTS: Calm, Ashwaganda, Magnesium)
4. The Benefits of Taking a Break
Taking a break from work (or your stressors in general) is not only good for your mental health, but can also help you come up with new ideas. The time away from work also increases the likelihood that you'll return to your job refreshed and re-energized.
5. How Can I Stay Productive Without Burning Myself Out?
There are many ways you can stay productive without burning yourself out.
- Gym - Take days off from weight training and get outdoors and do some fun activities. Reduce intensity with low impact exercise. Foam rolling, stretching and even seeing a massage therapist is a great way to still work towards youre body without overstimulation.
- Work - One way is to take breaks during the day. A 10 minute break every hour is recommended. In these ten minutes, you can get some fresh air, stretch your body, and drink some water. You can also work on one specific task for an hour at a time.
Lastly, if you're feeling really burnt out, it might be time for a vacation or just taking the day off from work and the gym altogether!
It is important for both your mental and physical health to take breaks from time-to-time. When you take care of yourself, you can focus better on your work and towards your health and physique goals, which will lead to a healthier and happier life.
Want to learn more about fitness, nutrition and overall health? Join us now at Team Dynasty!